Monday, January 24, 2011

Now I am a Good Mom

I have finally done something I wanted to do for a long, long time--all 3 of my children now have felty mittens. OK, so the girls' mittens need to be felted yet. But now they will have warm toasty hands until they lose them:
The pinks are Anna's and the purples are Emily's.

I used Cascade 220, and they are very thick and soft. I do have to say I used Lamb's Pride Worsted for Nicholas', and I so so love the way the twist looks on that yarn, and I think it's my favorite. Not that you can see how the stitches look once you felt it, but when it's done, I think it's beautiful. But Cascade 220 is much softer than the Lamb's Pride.

I just signed up for the Sock Yarnista Club at Three Irish Girls . I decided I work hard (Hey, I made about $7500 last year--it took 3 jobs, but I still made that much money. hahaha) so I can spend $32 a month for some enjoyment. Now I just have to keep on it--my goal is to make a pair of socks every 2 months. I think that is doable, and I haven't made socks in ages. I plan on doing a lot of traveling, so socks are a good travel project.

The very cool thing about this sock club is that you actually get a choice of colorways before they send it. I've never heard of that before ("You get what you get, and you won't throw a fit." I mean, we're sure you'll love it, but if you don't, you are stuck with it) so I am really excited to get that email!

My next knitting conquests? I want to make my friend Jess' kids mittens or hats. They are little, so I am hoping (fingers crossed!) they go quick. I love making kid stuff, and my kids don't always appreciate it. At least I know Jess will appreciate it, even if her kids are going, "Oh great. Mittens." HAHAHAHA

I also am going to see if I can get back to my February Lady Sweater. I have to see how much of my yarn survived the Great Moth Invasion of 2010. Or I could be restarting...which would be fine, but then I have to go through the pain of choosing yarn again. It's bad enough the first time.

Oh well, I'd better get ready for work.

0 comments: