Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas to my knitting friends!! I hope that Santa was good to you, and you got the gift certificates for more yarn that you wanted! :)

The reactions to my gifts you ask? I knew you would. Here is a breakdown:

Jamie: (the SIL, made the SIL hat) "It's nice. I'm not going to try it on, because it will wreck my hair, but I think it will fit."

Dad:(the Seaman's Cap) "It's too big."

Mom: (the felted mittens): "Great. Now I have 2 pairs of warm mittens."

Mother-in-Law (felted mittens): "Very nice. Thank you" (and puts them back in the bag. I don't even know if she knew I made them. She didn't even look at them.)

Let's just say I hope next year that I have enough money to BUY people gifts. I will make gifts for my friends who knit and know how much work and love I put into them.

My dear husband took the kids to my relatives for a little bit, since it appears that I am getting the flu. So I am going to go lie on the couch for a bit.

I hope everyone had a better Christmas than I did!! :)

2 comments:

Thora said...

Oh snap! I sent mine wrapped and didn't have to sit there while they opened them. :) It sounds like you are as glad it is over as I am.

I *love* the felted mittens. Nice job!

Ruby said...

They were lovely gifts! It's a shame that they weren't appreciated.

I hope you feel better soon.