Monday, May 9, 2011

Time for a catch up post

I've thought about blogging a lot, really. But that requires getting the pictures off of my phone and 2 cameras, and that was just too much work. Fortunately, I took them off, so I can catch up!

Lots has happened since my last post. We went to visit my friend Jessica and her family in Iowa. Her kids LOVED my knitted gifts (way more than my kids ever do) so they will have more knitting in their future.

In addition to going to Iowa, we went to De Smet, SD to go to the Laura Ingalls Wilder sites there.

On our way home, we were lucky enough to stop at the Spam museum. Jess is still jealous about this one.

Who knew Brett Favre liked Spam?

We also saw the Jolly Green Giant. I was so excited in the car: "I see him! I see him!!" Brian thought I was crazy.

I knit a pair of socks. Actually did them on dpn's one at a time. I hadn't made socks in so long I figured I'd better go "old school" and not have to whip out the 2-at-a-time sock book to figure out how to make those again. Having joined the Sock Yarnista club at Three Irish Girls, I am currently sock yarn rich, so I'd better get going.


Emily had Little Fairyfest this past Saturday. I made her outfit, and was pleasantly surprised that it turned out (after not being able to finish her dress for Easter.

Speaking of Easter, the kids looked nice. Just getting this picture took about 80 tries:
I think that's all the news for now. I'll be starting a new knitting project soon, and I am making a little dolly for Lane, so I want to finish that up too. Oh yeah and cleaning and laundry and trying to find a new place to live--the fun never ends here.

0 comments: