Sunday, March 13, 2011

Playing Catch Up

So, we got more snow this past week. Why wouldn't we? But it was packy snow, so Emily made a snowman:

I finally finished the Mario hat for Gabe. I've decided when I make Nicholas' that I will just use intarsia instead of duplicate stitching. I can say I did it, but it's a time consuming pain.
I also got a bunch of really pretty yarn. I am in the Sock Yarnista club for Three Irish Girls, and here is the goodness I got from there:

I am going to use it for the Sock Knitters Anonymous March sock--the mystery sock with lace.

I got some plain white yarn from Elann for Emily's Easter sweater (I didn't post it. It is plain white yarn), and then I picked up some Cascade 220 from IRIS Fine Yarns to knit mittens for my friend's son. I am hoping to get those done tomorrow and in the mail so he can wear them this year (hopefully for not too much longer!)
And I must say I love my LYS--Phyllis is amazing, knowledgeable and kind, and fixed me coffee with chocolates the last time I was there. Love!

So while I was doing those, I thought I would try to whip up some slippers for Emily to wear in between her dance numbers. I whipped them up--and the pattern is not accurate on size. Even with the crocheted top, they won't fit. :( And I was right on gauge. Just a disappointing pattern.
And one more...I really am putting myself on a yarn diet, but I couldn't pass up this gorgeous gorgeous yarn from Loopy Ewe:

Today on the agenda: Emily's LAST dance recital--thank goodness--and I am in the back as a "Classy Mom". They don't know me very well....

0 comments: