Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year 2009!

We had one kid make it up until midnight to toast, and it wasn't the oldest one. Little Emily stayed up until 1am, and would have stayed up later if we'd let her. (And don't worry--her toast was with Sierra Mist!)


*rant on*
Brian and I were supposed to go out for New Years. We were going to a friend of his house to celebrate. We planned with Brian's mom nearly a month ago to watch the kids. She calls on the 31st to tell us she's "just too tired from working so hard" and can't watch them. I told Brian he needed to call her and get the snacks and soda and stuff from her, because we had nothing for the kids.

Surprise, surprise, she didn't have anything for them. Because she never planned to watch them. My annoyance level is through the roof. It's one thing for her to give Brian's sister all her money, it's another when we ask her a favor (that we so rarely ask...she'll go weeks without seeing our kids because she doesn't want to), she agrees to it, and then cancels on us at the last minute. Granted, we just should have known. It's not the first time--and I'm sure it won't be the last. She's always "too sick" or "too tired". With Brian's sister visiting she probably has been watching her kids non-stop and just didn't want to watch mine.

*rant off*

I went back into last year's posts to see if I made any resolutions. I hadn't. I did lose weight (Yay!) I have more to lose this year. I didn't make a sweater for myself like I wanted to. Anyway, here's new resolutions (in no particular order):

1. Get healthy! Try to walk or get on the exercise bike 20 minutes a day. Even if I don't lose weight, I just need to be healthier.

2. Knit a sweater for myself.

3. Try to knit a pair of socks every 2 months.

4. Keep up with my blog.

5. Do a better job of staying in touch with my friends. These are the people I care about. MAKE TIME.

6. Try to get to the Building for Kids more with Emily. She loves it there, and since the weather got nasty, we haven't been there as much. I need to make more "mommy time" for her.

7. Alternate taking one of my kids out to lunch or dinner with me alone once a month. The one thing I find they talk about is just a simple meal out with Mom. We get to chat and it doesn't cost much to take out one kid.

8. Try not to yell at Anna so much. I get tired of hearing myself yell.

9. Get organized. It is one thing I can control.

10. Appreciate what I have more than I do. Brian and I have great jobs, healthy kids and a nice place to live (that we may be buying, which makes me very excited.)

And the biggest one: READ MORE!
"It's not fair! There was time now!"




So that's it. Pretty simple, or should be. Except that sweater part--every year I tell myself I'll make myself a sweater and every year I don't. Maureen and I were going to knit one together this year we never got around to.

And to all my friends, my wish to you: May you always have the money for the butter and milk in your Kraft Mac and Cheese!

2 comments:

moester said...

Okay Sunshine! Lets knit those damn sweaters!

Susanna said...

Happy Birthday, Lynnette! And may all your wishes come true.