Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Snow Day!

So grateful for a snow day today.  At first I was afraid it would backfire-the snow didn't start until 11am, and I knew if we barely got any, the school district would NEVER cancel again.  As it was, we waited until about 8pm for the district to cancel last night. I was going to go to work myself and keep Emily and Nick home. That way I didn't have to worry about how they were getting home, just about myself.

Noon
2pm
So here are some snow pics.  The first one was taken around noon.  The rest I took just now as I was shoveling, about 2pm.  There's about 2" on the ground, and it's coming down very steady now.

So what am I doing on a snow day?  I'm practicing crocheting:

And I'm knitting slippers for my cousin (who just sent me a kick ass box of handbags and purses!):

I also bought some scarf making yarn at Herrschners yarn sale.  The hot pink/black is for Emily. The other stuff I thought was too pretty to pass up for 99 cents:


Besides that, making chicken soup and grilled cheese for dinner, picking up a bit, watching TV, thinking about the house I hope we buy and the fact that starting next week, I have a new job that gives me every Friday off (and is going to be absolutely, fabulously amazing!!!!), that's about it.  Just chillin' with the kids and cats and bunny.

Have a great day whatever you are doing :)

0 comments: