Monday, January 4, 2016

Knitting and a Birthday

So I'm 43 today.  I don't really have anything profound to say except I'm 43 today.  Woo.Hoo.

I did get a phone call from my neurologist telling me I don't have Multiple Sclerosis (YAY!). I have a sclerosis, that will never go away, and will always give me problems, and they can't tell me what it's from except a virus caused it. But no meds in my future, so that's awesome.

I've been knitting, which is also kind of awesome. Saturday I spent the day with a friend of mine I don't get to see very often (Let's face it-I don't have many friends, and the ones I do have, I don't get to see very often). We both needed to catch up on Season 5 of Downton Abbey before the new season started on the 3rd. So we watched Season 5, had tea and scones and little finger sandwiches and knit. I started a sock, and she made cute dishcloth which she then gave me. It was one of the most pleasant days I've had in a while, and it made me "home" sick (even though it's not my home anymore.)

I love self striping yarn.
In addition to my sock, I started the Downton MKAL last night. I did my gauge swatch and it still came out to size 4's even on my sportweight yarn. So then I had to cobble together 4 size 4 dpn's. I'll be happy when I graduate to a circular needle.
So far, so good. With multicolored needes.

So that's all that is going on here.

1 comments:

Margaret Coombs said...

I'm glad you don't have MS. That's great news. Happy birthday!