Sunday, September 25, 2011

Busy Fall times--and Knitting!

We've had a week at our house.  Last weekend we went apple picking at Spranger's Orchard.  The apples were not quite ripe, although some of the Gala's were really sweet. The kids had a good time eating picking the apples.

 Last Sunday we also went to the Botanical Gardens in Green Bay.  It was a Packer game day, so the gardens were dead...and there was still plenty of pretty to see!







Nicholas and Anna went to Uno's and made their own pizza, (and had lots of fun doing it!)



This weekend we went to Octoberfest--we went early before the crowds got huge, had a hot beef sandwich and tiger paws, bought some honey and had a nice walk home.  As we were coming back up Newberry Trail, we saw this fun site...everyone going through the locks. It was a canoeing/kayak club working to get the locks back open again...it was neat to see everyone paddling through!



I made 2 dishcloths for a swap on Swap-bot.com.  An apple and an oak leaf  (although the leaf is hard to see).  I hope my partner liked them!









And my yarn came from Evergreen Sleeves, and I did my swatch.  Once blocked, it will be 4x4" on size 15's.  I have 29" circular needles, so I am hoping that will be long enough (I really don't want to buy 32" ones I may never use again).  This yarn is SO soft--I am really looking forward to (hopefully) finishing this sweater for ME!!!!!!!

0 comments: