Thursday, June 2, 2016

Update

OK, so I haven't written in a while, and I wanted to make sure to do a small update. I have been (get this...) CROCHETING!  And it's frustrating.  I am trying to make this:

Cute crochet jellyfish, FREE pattern! | www.1dogwoof.com

Absolutely adorable, right?  I even figured out the magic circle (sort of...anyway, it works). But I can't seem to get the counting right. I keep ending up with one extra. I might just do the tails first, because I have attempted the head 4 times now and it just isn't coming out right.

We are in a holding pattern on the house, and we are stuck here with our terrible landlord. At least until June 19th, when we can't be here anymore. The original closing date was May 13th. Then May 31st. Then June 10th. Now "On or before" June 30th. Let's just say I kind of lost my crap on the latest addendum to the closing. I made the selling realtor cry. Which was not exactly what I wanted, but I needed someone to show me that they gave a crap that I'm terrified I'm going to be homeless.  The house has all the electricity on, and nothing is leaking as far as we know. But the house needs to be painted, and of course it's been raining for weeks. And when it's not raining, there's no painting going on.  So frustration and stress seems to be the story of my life.

In good news, Emily and Nick are done with school today, Anna graduated last Friday (although she still has work to do this summer to finish up):





and I am only working 3 days a week during the summer.  I am also coming up with cool stuff to do in the fall with the students, so I am hoping to generate some "job security" traffic into the library.

I'm also still plugging along on the Piece of Cake sock. Still a single.  

I picked up some patterns and some cool plaid fabric from Hancock (RIP--I'm going to miss that place SO much) to make some shorts. I'm hoping they turn out great, so I can just whip out a bunch of pairs.

So I'm hoping to have some great updates after we move, and maybe a new house renovation blog as well. (So I am not clogging up my sometimes knitting/sometimes family blog here.).

Happy beginning of summer!

0 comments: