Monday, July 28, 2014

Friends Near and Far

I have so many friends having a hard time right now.  Monumentally hard times.  I can't imagine having my kid go through 2 brain surgeries in 2 weeks, plus contracting meningitis.  One of my best friends is going through that right now, and my heart just aches for her.  I try to make her smile when I can, and let her know how much I care about her.  Anyone reading this, if you can pray to whatever deity you choose, or just think good thoughts about her son Gabriel (he's 9), I'd really appreciate it.  Their family has been through so much, I don't think they can bear anymore.   I wish I were there to just sit with Jess and hold her hand.

I have other friends who are struggling with their small business.  I wish I could go to everyone's house in the city and force them to buy local and not go to Walmart for one week.  They're good people, and it shouldn't be this hard.

I got to spend 5 hours in pain on Saturday night/Sunday morning until I finally broke down and went to the ER.  It wasn't a heart attack, so that's good.  They think it might be my gall bladder.  Although now I can't get in to see a doctor until August 7th.  They gave me a prescription for Vicodin and I laughed.  I was sure I'd get in to see my doctor today or tomorrow, not the end of the week.  If I have pain like I did when I went into the ER, I'll have to take the damn Vicodin.  Some of the worst pain I've had in my life, and I have had 3 kids.

Its just like when it rains, it pours.

So I am going to bake bread.  It's a beautiful, cool day (not much like the end of July usually is).  I think baking bread will be comforting.  And knitting.  That's what I've got to do today.


0 comments: