Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Lynnette's Throw-Together-in-a-Blizzard Hamburger Concoction

We just got 14" of snow, and I'm not going to the store. So I went through my pantry and fridge and threw together what I had--and it turned out! So here goes:

1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion
1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 small can mushrooms (you can probably use fresh, but I had canned)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can beef broth (or cup and a half of water)
1 1/2 cups Minute Rice
salt and black pepper to taste

In large, oven safe skillet, brown ground beef. Drain. Stir in onions, garlic and mushrooms and cook until onions soften a bit. Add both soups, beef broth and Minute Rice and stir.

Put entire skillet in 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes, or until rice is cooked. Should be creamy, but not soupy. You could probably add some cheese on top if you had it (I don't). Enjoy your daughter telling you that you should "throw together" dinner more often!

0 comments: