Friday, June 20, 2008

Happy Summer Solstice

Yay, it's summer! We started it out by going to a drive in movie of all things. Seriously, I haven't been to a drive-in movie since I was Anna's age and saw Clash of the Titans. That one and Star Wars were the ones I saw at the old 41 Outdoor in Appleton. I remember the playground, and going in your jammies in case you fell asleep in the backseat. I remember driving by going somewhere, and the screen faced the highway--and turning around and straining just to keep watching the movie going by for a few seconds, even if you couldn't hear it. Life was so much easier than. Joys were a lot more simple to find and covet (even if the rest of it sometimes scarred you for life....)

Anyway....

So we went to Field of Scenes. It was a nice atmosphere, and we saw Kung Fu Panda and Iron Man for $16. The food of course was expensive, but ah well. Nicholas and Anna (we left Emily with Grandma) stayed up through both movies (!!!) and we didn't get home until 2am. But it was really neat. Next time I hope we get the mini-van fixed and we can just open up the back flap, put the seats down, throw some blankets in and hang out and watch the movie.

I have been working on my sock--the green garden one. Emily says that my one sock is lonely and needs a buddy. So I am working on the buddy:


I am also a little disappointed in my Knit Picks order. I ordered Shadow Lace yarn in the color Snorkel and some Gloss Lace in the color Aegean. If you look on the website, the colors are different. Still blues of course, but the Aegean definitely looks darker to me. Here is the Aegean as taken with my camera:


And here is the snorkel:


And here they are side by side:


Not much of a difference huh? They FEEL different. And there is a little difference, but not as much as it looked like when I ordered. Glad I like the color--but still. I expected something a little different anyway. Even for monitor variations they look different on the monitor--so shouldn't they be different in real life?

Anyway, there is my complaining. So I have some shawls to make. I have some "sock buddies" to make. I still haven't finished my Obama charity knitting for the month. And of course we are trying to get ready for a rummage sale next month (because my friend Leslie, who is a kind soul, put it off a month for me since I still have so many boxes to go through) and clean the garage and the basement--that leaked more than we thought. Brian cleaned a lot of mold. And yarn that had to get thrown away because of mold. And my nice (expensive) knit knack sack that had to be thrown out because of mold. It was my first "real" knitting bag. It cost a fortune for me, but I was so proud of having an ACTUAL knitting bag (instead of plastic bags. And later tote bags which work fine. But this was a KNITTING BAG!) Don't get me started--I am glad that I don't have all my yarn cataloged, because I don't know what is missing now. Ignorance is bliss.

So that's what is on the agenda for the next few days. Glad I had a day off today. Work on Wednesday was less than stellar. I'm only there 2 hours a day, 2 days a week. You'd think I could avoid Drama. It just finds me.

1 comments:

Ruby said...

Sorry to hear about the mold. It must have been difficult to throw out yarn! Good luck with the clean up efforts.

What a great way to start out the summer though. I haven't been to a drive-in since I was a teenager. That just sounds like so much fun!