Thursday, November 6, 2014

Day 6 thankfulness!

So today was pretty easy to think of something to be thankful for.  I am thankful I have my own car.  This is the first time in a long time I've had my own.  It's a POS 2001 Ford Taurus old lady car (that we bought from my Mother-in-Law) but it gets me from point A to point B when I want to go.

Before I had my own car, my husband would drive me to work before he took the kids to school.  I would end up at work at least 20 minutes before I needed to be there (an unpaid 20 minutes).  Then at noon when I was done I'd have to wait for him to pick me up on his lunch hour.  8 out of 10 times I'd be waiting, sometimes in nice weather but more often in freezing cold.  I wouldn't get home until an hour after I was done with work (it's about a 10 minute ride).

With my own car:  I don't have to leave for work early.  AND when I am done with work, I actually get home RIGHT AFTER WORK!  It's amazing.  And if I have to go to the grocery store I can do that, Just like a big girl! 

Second car:  Awesome thing to be thankful for on a snowy Thursday in November!

0 comments: